Lent 2023 Day 9

I thought today I'd just give you a bit of a smile.   But with a serious point.   I was listening to an audio book version of 1st and 2nd Corinthians yesterday and once again this verse stood out to me  ' So if you think you're standing firm, be careful you don't fall ( 1 Cor 10:12)    

A modern day Pharisee's prayer.

Give us this day our daily bread
But don’t give it to them
Our need Lord is much greater
And they are lesser men
Their children don’t deserve the bread
For which we’ve laboured hard
I’d love for there to be world peace
Just not in my back yard
Forgive our sins as we forgive
( or don’t   -  they haven’t earned
the right to be forgiven
they haven’t really learned
their lesson ) I cant see
how I need to forgive them
before you can forgive me.
Don’t let me Lord be tempted
To steal or cheat or lie
Like those who beg out on the streets
Whilst I am walking by
‘Your will be done  Your kingdom come’
Are such nice words to pray
Help them to understand Lord
They need to know your way
Ive given cash to missions
Direct debit , tax deductible
It makes me feel good deep inside
My faith is indestructible
Ive got to go now Lord, but thanks
For everything you’ve done
And most of all for making me
So  much like your dear Son.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lent 23 day 6

Lent 23 day 5

Lent 23 day 1